Thursday, 17 October 2013

Our day with the CBC team,




This morning I woke up at 5:30 am and I was too excited to go back to sleep.  God has been doing so many marvelous things around here.  It seems He is just lining up so many things for us.  Today I am happy to report that I will be able to start blogging more often!  I have learned how to tether my phone to my computer, so that may resolve my network issues even from home in the village.   I haven’t had a chance to try it there yet but I have tried it in more remote areas where modems don’t work but my phone does.  That is the same kind of set up as home, so I am confident that it should work there too.  Also I have just learned how to upload video footage.  Yeah!  Praise Jesus!  So, it’s like I can just bring you home with me.  How delightful! 

Today with our guests we have visited our school, Gracious Academy, in the village of Seje.  We were making frames for the students, for the pictures we took during the VBS.  They were so excited.  What a great keep sake!






We spent time visiting, taking pictures and more pictures and then some more pictures!  What beauties!



One of our many beauties of Seje!





Leah and Christine enjoying children taking Ugi. (Porridge)

Our guests also wanted to try working the land to see just how hard it must of been for the community members to dig the trenches 3km for the water pipe installation.  They marveled at the strength and tanacity of their Kenyan friends.  Add the hot African sun, thorns, rocks, hills and rough terrain and most of us would give up after just a few minutes.  What an incredible work the community of Seje has done.  Your fortitude is outstanding!

Annalise trying her hand at digging!  It requires full body effort!


 I am finishing with my first blog video.  Yeah!  It is the welcome our guest received as they entered our school in Yogo.  Here is our Yogo V.O.S.H. Academy greeting our friends from Canada.  Be blessed!




2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful beautiful post kimberly. I just subscribed so now I won't miss a thing :-) love you guys! loveroberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roberta. It's always good to take you anywhere I go. LOL! Karibu Kenya! Miss you guys! Love and hugs to all. xoxoxoxox

      Delete